Sunday, September 11, 2011

Happy birthday, little bean.

It's a day early, but today started your entrance into my life.

I have watched you grow, for 9 years. You were a little blessing that started entry into this world on the anniversary of one of the saddest events the world has ever witnessed. In a day that was filled with reminders of what happened a year earlier, I didn't know that I would be blessed the very next day with my reason for living.

When I held you in my arms for the first time, I knew that I could love nothing more than this little tiny human. The story that is behind us is filled with so many things, so many adventures. We've had quite the time together, and I love you more every day.

So remember, my little bean, as you enter the tough years of life, that it's my job to guide you into adulthood. That it's my job to lay down the law as much as it is to snuggle and hug you too. I promise that I will always be there when times get hard, even if it seems like I am making it harder. I promise to hold your hand through the dark, and love you through all the mistakes we'll make. I promise that I will hear your secrets, if you want to share them with me, and support you through them. I promise that even though this road will get rough and bumpy, that the pavement smooths eventually. I promise that someday, when I am done being the warden, that I will be your best friend, but I will always share in your joy.

You are my greatest accomplishment.

I am so proud to be your mom.

<3

1 comment:

  1. Awe! Such a beautiful tribute!

    Happy Birthday Alex! And well done Mommy!

    ReplyDelete

Please keep it positive!