Thursday, June 28, 2012

Finding me.

It's no secret for those who take the time to read what I write, that I've cycled over the last while and struggled to find my footing since I moved away from Vancouver.

Since I've been in Alberta, I've had to find my OWN way to live, without the umbrella that is my family, which of course, in 29 years, has never happened.

This last two years, I've had many new experiences, not all of which have been positive, but I've learned from all of them. I've been broke, hungry, in pain, alone, loved, cherished, I have loved, I've watched my daughter blossom, I've lost 80 lbs, I've developed stronger relationships with my family, and come to rely on them a lot less when things aren't going as planned, I've stopped taking things for granted, and so many other things.

One of the things that I've done a lot of in the last two years, is start reading more blogs. To learn, to grow, to share meaningfully in others lives, and to make new connections. I have lost myself in worlds of minimalism, and yoga, Buddhism, and parenting. I've laughed, and cried, been appalled, ashamed, joyous. I have found some of my strength through other people's words, and learned that life isn't a bed of roses for everyone, all the time.

I just want to say thank you. To those who have shared my journey. Who have read my blog, who have offered advice, stories, who have engaged with me. Who have offered up kind words in trying times, and let me into a part of their world. You're words, thoughts, opinions - they're appreciated, and cherished. Even if we've never met, we've never laughed or cried together, never had coffee...or anything else... You're valuable. :)

Again, thank you for inspiring me.

2 comments:

  1. “These two people are hard to find in the world. Which two? The one who is first to do a kindness, and the one who is grateful and thankful for a kindness done.
    — (Buddha) AN 2:118

    When you do not find a person to be grateful to don't forget it's up to your merits so it's also good to be grateful to ones own past good deeds.

    Here a wonderful essay about gratitude:
    The Lessons of Gratitude

    ReplyDelete
  2. <3 Thank you Lauren. For you! It sure seems like a day for appreciation, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Please keep it positive!