Monday, June 6, 2011

IF you are squeamish about girl topics, read no further.

Dear Menstrual Cycle,

You are a necessary part of my life, I understand this. You help me cleanse my body and discard unnecessary tissues. Sweet. Thank you.

However, I feel the need to ask you a few questions, and have a few simple requests.

Why is it, that you come into my life like a hurricane, with might and fury that is relentless? I am just trying to live my life like any other woman. I would appreciate it if you would leave my hormones alone, because really, turning me into a weeping, needy woman even for a day every month is too much. I would appreciate it if you left a door knocker next time so that I know when to expect you.

Why is it, that you have to cost me so damned much? I mean, I already spend too much on things that a woman needs, and then to top it off, your irregularity in flow, tends to cost me that much more. Do you think of things like, the cost of products? The cost of electricity? How about the time you take from me? I didn't think you did. Lets try to be a little less selfish shall we, we have to share the same space, it's just kinder this way.

When you leave me crippled because of your need to expel things from my body, why is it that when I do the things I should, like feed you water, and stretch, and other various ways of coping.. you still have to punch me from the inside? Again, we share the same space, and if you keep this up, I may find myself asking you to move out. Please respect my personal space, and I will in turn continue to respect yours.

I hope you understand that I love you, and I know you have your reasons for doing all of the above, however, I hope that with this little conversation we have had, you will remember that you affect the lives of others.

Yours truly,

Lauren


2 comments:

Please keep it positive!