Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Live for Today.

What is tomorrow? Is it 24 hours from now? Is it "after I've slept"? What exactly is tomorrow?

We all hold on for the hope and the promise of tomorrow. When we have a crummy day, we often think "tomorrow is a new day", or "tomorrow will be better", but why don't we look at Today? Why do we put off Today, for Tomorrow?

Living in the now is VERY hard to do. Tomorrow I may not have enough money. Tomorrow I have to work. Tomorrow I have an appointment. Tomorrow I'll clean the house. Tomorrow I'll book that vacation. Tomorrow I'll ______.

Like most people, I have a job, a child, chores, friends, a partner, family... it's all too easy to say "I'll do that tomorrow"  I am busy, or I am lazy. Or I get a case of the "I simply don't want to's".

But really, what are we waiting for? Are we waiting for the excuse of tomorrow? Do you really think that tomorrow will bring better than today can?

I think I'll make the choice, to do all the things I can in a day. If I can live with not completing it because I may never wake up tomorrow, then I will take those things and put them aside. If they're things that I need to take care of now, because tomorrow will only prolong the suffering/avoidance, etc.. then I will take those things and face them head on.

I don't want tomorrow to be an excuse for not living for today. I choose to live in the now.

Someone wonderful, and close to me said "The past is yesterday, the future is tomorrow, but you can only live for today, which is why they call it "The Present". Its a gift."

So, I choose to accept my gift :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep it positive!