Saturday, April 23, 2011

Derby Derby Derby....

I noticed a lot what the winters out here can do. It's bleak and cold - the skies are blue but unwarming, and I find that most of the people I know are at a loss of things to do, including me. It doesn't help that things are so cold, and that I don't know the town very well either.

Last night I had a friend suggest roller derby, and oh my god, I had a blast! I can't remember the last time I had that much fun, without it being a bar or a couple friends drinking.

Roller Derby in Red Deer looks like a freakin blast. I think I want to join, I'm on a mission to find me some roller skates that will work for derby, the rest of the gear is pretty easy to come by.

W.W.J.D - What Would Johnson Do? Best Derby name EVER.

Ahh my romance with derby has returned!

~ me

1 comment:

  1. Ha!! I love roller derby but I'm just a spectator. I just wanted to thank-you for the kind comment over at my Buddhist blog. Thank-you for your energy, which lights up the comment section with some serenity.

    I need to read your blog more because I like your style of writing and the way you see things. By the way, is that you in the picture doing that difficult yoga pose? If so, wow, that's pretty amazing.

    I'm not very flexible at all, so I look up to yoga practitioners for their healthy spines and flexible bodies. I know it's hard work, but it must really move energy well and release a lot of stress. Well, keep up the light!! Peace and hugs...

    ReplyDelete

Please keep it positive!