Monday, December 20, 2010

Over the River and Through the Woods.

Today, I had one of those days, you know, the Mondays you dread. Yep, one of those. I had a case of the Mondays, and if someone had said that to me today, I probably would have snapped. *g*

My boss found everything possible to be irritating with, the night shift forgot to do something they were supposed to do to make my life easier, I forgot my radio not once, but TWICE, I locked myself out of my vehicle at work, and had to call for help, and then I had to stand outside twice in the blistering cold (Think -26 with windchill).

NEEDED the gym today. I couldn't think of anything else but during the last 4 hours of a totally brutal 12 hour shift.

I walked in the door, and instantly I felt relieved. I got on the bike, and bitched about work, and I noticed I rode harder and faster than I've ridden in a long time, and I hit that plateau of "I think I might die", and then plowed right through it. I did 250 weighted crunches (or the way I do them is holding the weight balls, on a balance ball) I did 70 weighted squats on the balance board, and then finished off with a delicious 10 more mins on the elliptical.

I feel amazing.

What do you do to get through your plateau at the gym? What's your favourite exercise?

Share your thoughts with me, and enjoy this Winter Solstice, while looking at the gorgeous eclipse! There won't be another for many hundreds of years.

Peace be with you :)

1 comment:

  1. Fast, aggressive music always helps me push harder and psych myself up to push past that barrier. Sorry to hear about your crappy day. Hopefully your tuesday will be a new start to your week.

    ReplyDelete

Please keep it positive!