Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Apples and Oranges

Sometimes it feels like I am regressing back into the me I don't like. Sometimes, I look at myself, and I don't always like my reflection. Sometimes, I want to just curl up in a ball, and cry - and today was one of those days.

I have done some things that I am not proud of, I have hurt people I love, because I didn't have the respect or the strength just to say that I was weak, and I was in need. I have a hard time asking for what I need. It's a downfall for me, because it should be easy to reach out for love.

This path that I am taking, has made me become more aware of that. That it's okay to ask for love. That it's okay to say that I am weak, and not have to be strong all the time. It's okay to admit that I've been wrong, and made mistakes. Little mistakes, or big mistakes, costing me people I care about in the process.

I have learned that there are people who have been brought into my life for reasons. I didn't know them when I met them, but I am learning to see what people are for who they are, and the reasons they are in my life. I am more whole for having these people in my life, each adding something amazing, unique, and spectacular to who I am. It takes friends and family to make a person whole.

You, trying to explain to you what you mean to me, won't ever be adequate. Trying to tell you how important you are to me, what you are to me, who you've been to me. what you will continue to be in my life.. I will never be able to thank you for.

You, will always be that ray of sunshine, after 15 weeks of snow (trust me, I'm getting really good with this whole snow thing). You will always be something that warms me, that makes me whole. You are a part of me. You flow through me like my blood flows through my veins. You are the air in my lungs, and the beat to my heart. You are my best friend. You are my family. You are my acquaintance, that I can't wait to get to know.
You have taught me who I am, and will continue to teach me. You let me hold your heart in my hands, and I wont do anything to break it.

To you, my family, my friend.

<3